Your Logo Here

This is the greatest and most powerful blog in the history of the universe. Solid.

Thursday, March 09, 2006

"I'm not very ambitious." With those words, my journey at the Ground Round began.
Day One, 6/13/02
Training. Day one. I love my job. It is totally awesome. It brings the noise and brings the funk. There is no feeling in the world like when a 19 year old is showing you the proper way to roll silverware. I thought to myself, "So this is where 21 years of education gets me?" Sweet.

Though it had been six years since I had set foot in a restaurant as a worker rather than as a customer, the memories came flooding back as I sat next to a five-top (table of five for those of you not in the biz) with children screaming while I filled out the safety quiz in my server training workbook. One way to prevent slips and falls? Walk, don't run. I can already sense that my sociology master's degree will pull me through.

The five hours I was there will pay for my uniform. Fortunately, I don't have to wear a dorky hat or silly shirt like those tools at TGIFridays. We rule at the Ground Round.
Expect recycled crap like this because I'm busy. And because this time eleven years ago we were in the middle of an unnaturally long period of not seeing Unnatural Man. And it's better than getting worked up over the latest Bush crime family shenanigans.

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com