Your Logo Here

This is the greatest and most powerful blog in the history of the universe. Solid.

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

The best of humanity. First, there is the $50 laptop sale gone wild.
Jesse Sandler said he was one of the people pushing forward, using a folding chair he had brought with him to beat back people who tried to cut in front of him.

"I took my chair here and I threw it over my shoulder and I went, 'Bam,"' the 20-year-old said nonchalantly, his eyes glued to the screen of his new iBook, as he tapped away on the keyboard at a testing station.

"They were getting in front of me and I was there a lot earlier than them, so I thought that it was just," he said.
My legal counsel tells me that this was probably not just cause for assaulting others with a folding chair. I'd like to think that a court of law would weigh in on this. Here's to you, Jesse Sandler, for providing further proof against "intelligent design."

And then there's this feel good story.
An ABC television crew has swooped into Prince George's County to film an episode of "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition," for which an army of designers and construction workers will toil round-the-clock for a week to build a dream home for a Capitol Heights woman and her eight children.

They got off to a roaring start yesterday morning, demolishing Veronica Ginyard's dilapidated two-bedroom home to make way for a three-story, six-bedroom house. But even before they started, the crews got a rough reminder of Prince George's crime problems.

The wife of a crew member was beaten with a gun Saturday morning during an armed burglary in the lobby of a Largo hotel where some in the crews were staying. A man demanded and received money from the front desk of Extended Stay America and then beat the woman in the face before leaving the hotel off Central Avenue near the Capital Beltway, Prince George's police said. She was taken to a hospital, where she received a few stitches, police said.
Of course, with role models like these, who can blame the callous and self-centered nature of others.

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com