Your Logo Here

This is the greatest and most powerful blog in the history of the universe. Solid.

Friday, April 08, 2005

"It has a penis!" Another item to add to my list of things I've said while teaching Intro to Soc.

The context: the role of the elderly dependency ratio in a pooled time-series cross-sectional analysis explaining economic growth among third world countries. Ha ha. Just kidding. There is no effect (yet) between the EDR and GDP! Wait 25 years, and that paper will be gangbusters! Gangbusters, I tell ya!

The kids and I were talking about how the process of gender socialization starts if not before the baby is born then immediately after with someone exclaiming, "It's a girl!" or "It's a boy," rather than saying, "It has a vagina!" or "It has a penis!"

And that was my afternoon.

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com