Your Logo Here

This is the greatest and most powerful blog in the history of the universe. Solid.

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Chili not Chilly. A number of people have been getting here in the last few days looking for the Wendy's chili finger story. But rather than searching for "chili," many people are searching for "chilly." So if that's you, as a public service here are a few other things that you probably have been misspelling for years:
You're is a contraction for you are. "You're not going to believe what I found in my chili!"
Your is a possessive pronoun. "Look! I found your severed finger in my chili!"

Know is a verb indicating familiarity with or knowledge of. "I know it's not supposed to be in my chili!"
Now indicates the current moment. "Now what am I supposed to eat if I can't eat my chili?"

Roll is tricky. It can be a verb meaning a type of movement, a noun meaning some type of list, or a piece of bread. "I felt a severed finger roll around in my mouth as I bit into my roll. Roll call! Who's missing a finger?"
Role is a set of expectations attached to a status. "Isn't it your role as manager to keep severed fingers out of the chili? No? Well, nevermind then." So don't write "social roll" on an intro to sociology essay unless you're talking about an outgoing piece of bread.

Obnoxious means abhorrent, abominable, annoying, awful, beastly, big mouth, bitchy, blue, creep, crumb, cussed, detestable, disagreeable, disgusting, dislikable, displeasing, foul, funky, grody, gross, hateable, hateful, heel, horrid, insufferable, invidious, loathsome, mean, nasty, nauseating, objectionable, odious, off-color, ornery, pesky, pestiferous, pill, repellent, reprehensible, repugnant, repulsive, revolting, rotten, sickening, stinking, unpleasant. As in, "This post is quite obnoxious."

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com