Your Logo Here

This is the greatest and most powerful blog in the history of the universe. Solid.

Thursday, October 14, 2004

"Ex-ag-ger-ra-tion." Case in point:
Shrub, 10/13/04: Gosh, I just don't think I ever said I'm not worried about Osama bin Laden. It's kind of one of those exaggerations.

Shrub, 3/13/02: So I don't know where he is. You know, I just don't spend that much time on him, we haven't heard much from him. . . . And I wouldn't necessarily say he's at the center of any command structure. And, again, I don't know where he is. I -- I'll repeat what I said. I truly am not that concerned about him.

This one is great for two reasons: one, it shows that again Bush has a problem with telling the truth; two, people will be hearing bush say that he wasn't concerned about OBL.

Once again, Kerry took this one hands down. All Bush could do was try and make jokes, snicker, and talk about how the answer to everything that's going wrong is education. Can't get a job? Go back to school. Don't have healthcare? Go back to school. Living in poverty? Go back to school. Why? Because you're stupid. (there's someone at ASU in the background on MSNBC right now with a saying saying, "Screw Iraq, I need a job"). But at least Shrub didn't ask if anyone needed any wood.
Other points of note: Kerry said that he'd raise the minimum wage and he talked about the gender pay gap. Shrub didn't address either. Kerry said that he'd protect Roe v. Wade. Shrub won't. Kerry compared Shrub's credibility on fiscal responsibility to Tony Soprano's credibility on law and order. Nice. Kerry understands that people don't choose to be gay (people like Dick Cheney's GAY DAUGHTER). Shrub isn't quite sure (Chris Matthews said Kerry "should've asked Bush when he decided"). Way too much God-talk, but that's just my thing, and I'm going to burn in hell anyway.
As for Bob Schieffer, would it have killed you to ask about the environment or energy policy? But, he was okay, I suppose. But we really have to get rid of these stupid debate rules and put the candidates in a steelcage match. That'd be interesting. Kerry has the hand-to-hand combat training, but you know that Shrub would fight dirty, going for the eyes and the groin.

And okay, it's time for me to go to bed. MSNBC has Hall and Oates on their after hours show. They're Kerry supporters. I'm not going to make any political puns with their song titles--"maneater," "rich girl," "your kiss is on my lips." You can do that in comments. And good lord do they look scary. Oates looks like Calibos from "Clash of the Titans"--though he's talking about how the League of Women Voters was pushed out of the debate process, and that's why it's a dog and pony show now, so points for him.

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com