Your Logo Here

This is the greatest and most powerful blog in the history of the universe. Solid.

Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Best Debate Moment. This one had me cheering:
EDWARDS: That was a complete distortion of my record. I know that won't come as a shock.

The vice president, I'm surprised to hear him talk about records. When he was one of 435 members of the United States House, he was one of 10 to vote against Head Start, one of four to vote against banning plastic weapons that can pass through metal detectors.

He voted against the Department of Education. He voted against funding for Meals on Wheels for seniors. He voted against a holiday for Martin Luther King. He voted against a resolution calling for the release of Nelson Mandela in South Africa.

It's amazing to hear him criticize either my record or John Kerry's.

Dick Cheney: Man of the People. And don't let the spinners tell you otherwise---John Edwards won the debate. Cheney couldn't defend their record, he could only offer up more lies, more fear, and more of the same. Though, Edwards did seem a little off his game, but how can you debate someone who is so thoroughly detached from reality?
Cheney: Up is down. John Kerry tells you that 2+2=4, but he'll also tell you that 2x2=4. We can't trust a man without conviction. The sky is falling.

Ifill: Senator Edwards? A response, but only if you speak in pig-latin and stand on one foot.

Edwards: Up is up, and down is down, Gwen. I don't know how much clearer I can make that. 2+2 and 2x2 can both equal four, and John Kerry and I will show the American people our plan to prove it. Finally, the sky isn't falling, but if it were, Halliburton would get a no-bid contract to fix it.

Ifill: Mr.Vice President, thirty seconds.

Cheney: His facts are just wrong. I never said that up is down. Now watch me pull a rabbit out of this hat.

Ifill: Senator Edwards, thirty seconds.

Edwards: Are you people shitting me that we're not winning by a landslide?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com