Your Logo Here

This is the greatest and most powerful blog in the history of the universe. Solid.

Sunday, September 12, 2004

I know I never complain about anything, anything at all, but indulge me for just a minute.
During the first week of classes, I attended and then subsequently dropped one of the courses that I had registered for. At the first class meeting, the professor assigned each student a chapter from a book to read, outline, and then present to the class at the next meeting. As a courtesy, I emailed the professor just to say that I changed around my schedule and would not be registered for the course this semester.
The professor then emails me back and asks if I could go ahead and show up to the next meeting, present my chapter anyway, and then leave. Now, ostensibly the professor has read this book several times before and would have no trouble summarizing a chapter for the rest of the class. And it just so happens that the course that I picked up to replace that one meets at the same exact time, and so I can't show up. But beyond that, the whole point of dropping the class is that I don't want to be doing the work for that class. When you drop a class, you stop going, and you stop doing the work. If we all didn't adhere to those rules, we'd have chaos.
But because I'm a sucker (and more importantly, because I don't want to get on anyone's bad side quite yet), I asked if it would help if I put together an outline of the chapter. I shouldn't have even done that, and I already regret making the offer because I have other things to do...like work for the courses I'm actually, you know, registered for.
Anyway. There you have it. I'll never again use my blog as a venue for gratuitous complaining. Never ever.

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com