Your Logo Here

This is the greatest and most powerful blog in the history of the universe. Solid.

Wednesday, September 01, 2004

A case of the crazies. On the way home from school today, I stopped to fill up the car with some $1.87/gallon gasoline (cheap for around here). After filling up the tank, I went inside to buy a Diet Coke with Lime. As soon as I get in, the attendant starts yelling about how he almost forgot to turn on the 5:00 news because he wanted to hear about the hostage situation in the Russian school. Then he starts yelling about how we need to "kill all the fucking Arabs" and that "George Bush is too soft on terrorism." (the guy wasn't white in case that's what you're thinking) All I want to do is to pay for my soda and leave. But he yells some more about something about France and a couple of journalists taken hostage, and again how we need to "kill all the fucking Arabs." And really, how do you respond to that? I muttered something like, "Yeah, well George Bush has made everything worse."

What I *should* have said is, "My wife is Palestinian, do you think her family back in Palestine should be killed?" But really, I just wanted to get out of there, and that probably wouldn't have furthered my goal. Nothing beats complete strangers being totally inappropriate. Well, nothing except the Bush twins at the RNC last night (apparently even Faux News thinks they bombed).

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com