Your Logo Here

This is the greatest and most powerful blog in the history of the universe. Solid.

Monday, August 09, 2004

Moving. I'm busy moving today, and later I'll be unplugging this computer and taking it to the new apartment. Tomorrow is furniture moving day, so this will be my last post for today, and I won't be posting tomorrow. I'll be back on Wednesday.
In order to make the move easier, and to keep me busy during my unemployed stint, I/we've been moving anything and everything that can fit into our car. Yesterday, we loaded up two shopping carts full of boxes 'n stuff to take down to the car. As tends to be the case, two of the four elevators were broken down. Being on the 16th floor, this tends to be a pain in the ass. After waiting a few minutes, we push the carts onto the elevator, and head down to the garage. We stop at the 10th floor, and this lunkhead steps into the elevator and says, "Oh, so this is the reason."
How rude. So I say, "No, you dumb fucking meathead, we're not the reason; the other elevator is broken down."
He says, "Huh, I figured it was people moving in or out."
Me, "Nope, the door on the other elevator won't close, you rude, stupid fucking moron."
I might not have called him those names. But there was absolutely no reason for him to imply that we were slowing everything down. And for him to actually say as much to us was just unbelievable. So we followed him to his car and beat him with a baseball bat. Okay, we didn't do that either. But for the rest of the afternoon, we took turns saying in our best meathead/caveman voice, "Oh, so this is the reason."

So anyway. I've got more stuff to move, and more elevators to delay. Be back on Wednesday.

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com