Your Logo Here

This is the greatest and most powerful blog in the history of the universe. Solid.

Monday, July 26, 2004

Williamsburg Wedding Report. Had an excellent time in the 'burg as another Friend of Gary entered into marriage. Like Kristin, I had never been inside the Wren Chapel before, but it's a great place for two people to get hitched. After the ceremony, we headed over to the alumni house for more excellence. This was the first gathering of all the original F.O.G. since college graduation, and it seemed a little hard to believe that it has been ten years since we were all walking onto campus for our first year.

Kristin reminded me of how she and I met on a scavenger hunt during freshman orientation. I was downright miserable because, well, it was college, and they had us going on scavenger hunts and playing duck-duck-goose. (Where were the huge parties I had been told of? Where was the freedom? Where was the fatted calf?) She also recalled that I was wearing a cap (corduroy driver's cap, backwards), and I was carrying around a Henry Rollins book. Quit laughing. It was 1994, I had a goatee, and I thought I was being edgy. I know. How embarrassing.

The reception was also excellent with excellent food and excellent music (definitely the most gangsta rap at any wedding I've ever been to), and the merriment continued afterward at Paul's Deli. That is, until Kristin became violently drunk and started throwing cups of beer everywhere, yelling, "Do you know who I am? Do you know who I am???" before running out on her tab.
Okay, that didn't quite happen. But the point is that we all had an excellent time, it was excellent to see so many good friends, and Des and Bryan were excellent hosts and we all wish them an excellent life together.

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com