Your Logo Here

This is the greatest and most powerful blog in the history of the universe. Solid.

Tuesday, July 20, 2004

"So why'd you quit? To take that job infiltrating left-wing blogs Rumsfeld offered to you?

Ha-ha, loyal reader. I wish that were the case. But no. I'll be returning to grad school next month to try and get that elusive PhD in sociology. Twenty years of schooling just aren't enough. While I have enjoyed the opportunities that my current job have provided me (primarily, the ability to blog all day long, averaging only a couple hours of real work a day), going back to school is the right thing to do for the long-term. It'll take a few years, but it will be worth it. Anyway, how can you beat spring and winter break?
And the best part about becoming a student again? Once a week shaving.

Of course, grad school will be quite different this second time. There will be no Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday night drinking, and I will turn down any nominations to be Happy Hour Coordinator. There will be no high stakes betting on my bathing habits. All-nighters will be avoided like the plague. I will actually do my work (quit snickering). I'm an old man. And I'm pretty sure that you don't get a third chance at doing this.

What does this all mean for the blog?
1. I won't be strapped in front of a computer all day long with nothing else to do. So you can probably expect the frequency of posts to decrease somewhat. Posting daily shouldn't be a problem, but posting seven times a day might be.
2. The content of the blog might shift somewhat. A little more sociology nonsense maybe. And since I won't be alone in an office all day, I might have more stories to relate. But there will still be a mildly unhealthy focus on politics and, of course, plenty of freaks of nature to go around.
3. Ummm....no, that's about it, I think.

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com