Your Logo Here

This is the greatest and most powerful blog in the history of the universe. Solid.

Wednesday, June 02, 2004

Class rings. The Onion has an advice column this week, "Ask a Jostens Class-Ring Salesman." Ah, so funny. I think that somewhere in my room at my mom's house, I would probably be able to find my old class ring. Telling me not to buy a real gold ring was one of the better pieces of advice I've gotten from my mom over the years (second only to her suggestion that I always have a "butt buddy" after I fell into a prickly pear cactus mountain biking in Tucson). The wisest decision would have been to pass on the class ring altogether, but those folks from Jostens could sell sand to a crab (impressive considering the crab's inability to comprehend capitalism). I went with the lustrium ring w/ the faux emerald quadra cut, and on the sides were my astrological sign and some other crap. I wore the ring throughout 10th grade, semi-frequently during 11th, and rarely in 12th (generally only when we were kicking the crap out of those punks from Cave Spring...we sure taught those 7th graders).
And you really can get a class ring for home-schooled kids.

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com