Your Logo Here

This is the greatest and most powerful blog in the history of the universe. Solid.

Tuesday, May 11, 2004

"I've noticed ye ol blog has been a ghost town." Yes, it has been a bit of a ghost town lately. I was exhausted yesterday from a fun weekend visiting with family, and today I'm exhaustd from having been up much of last night with a fever. I got in bed with two comforters and the AC turned off, and I was shivering. So, I put on a turtleneck and some sweats and managed to fall asleep for a little bit. At 3:00, I woke up and was burning up. So I took my temperature, and it clocked in at 101. The rest of the night I was in a half-sleep/half-awake sort of confused daze made all the more fun by thoughts about the physical structure of the Abu Ghraib prison. This morning, I was sore and a little light-headed, but the fever had broken, and I got in to work.
All morning, I was in a training class, and it took every bit of effort to keep my eyes open and stay awake. Several extended blinks, and the only thing that made me alert was a paper cut. Now, I'm just struggling through the afternoon, waiting until I can go home and take a nap.

I'm going on vacation to Alaska from Thursday to next Wednesday morning, and I will not be doing any blogging during that time. In fact, I hope to shut myself off completely from the rest of the world for a few days. And I can feel comfortable in doing so, knowing that my safety is in the capable hands of the best Secretary of Defense ever.

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com