Your Logo Here

This is the greatest and most powerful blog in the history of the universe. Solid.

Monday, May 24, 2004

Have you heard the one about the convicted criminal whose group was used by a member of the "axis of evil" to pass along disinformation to our government? And then that disinformation was used to start a war against another member of the axis of evil? And that convicted criminal then passed along classified information to the member of the axis of evil that was supplying the disinformation? Hilarious, right?

Our man Ahmed Chalabi seems to have pulled off one of the greatest ruses since the Trojan Horse. For years, he has been getting information from Iran accusing Iraq of developing WMD. What's Iran's interest? Getting rid of Saddam. Chalabi's interest? Power in post-Saddam Iraq. Chalabi gave that disinfo to the neocons in the Bushco administration, and they used it to start the war in Iraq. All the while, we're paying Chalabi's group millions of dollars, and Chalabi is handing over secret classified info to Iran. So does this mean that by taking us into this boondoggle that Shrub was really doing the bidding of the Iranians? Hmmm....

Somebody isn't too happy about the leaks to Chalabi, and an investigation is under way to try and figure out who in the administration was playing loose and fast with sensitive info. My guess is that they'll probably find out who it was right about the same time they figure out who outed CIA operative Valerie Plame. Which is never.

In better news, I still get carded in bars. Went out with my younger brother and his chums in DC last night, and I was the only one asked for ID. Some might take offense at this, but frankly, I don't mind not looking my age. I'll mind when I stop being asked for ID. The funniest instance related to this was when I was visiting my brother at George Mason a couple of years ago, and one of his friends said to me, "So are you a freshman here?" And I said, "No, I actually teach freshmen." Hoo-ray.

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com