Your Logo Here

This is the greatest and most powerful blog in the history of the universe. Solid.

Tuesday, April 27, 2004

I'm bored. And I'm tired. And a little whiny. But more than that, I'm lazy. So here's an excerpt from Part 2 of My Life at the Ground Round that always puts a smile on my face:
Another interesting thing about dialogue at the GR has to do with the names people call each other. "Honey," "Sweety," "Babe," and "Darling" are commonly used to address others. I have never understood this phenomenon. "Hey, Honey, could you get me a ramekin of bleu cheese? Thanks, Darling." Or, "Could you follow me with this food, Sweety? Thanks, Honey." For the gentlemen, "Brother" is used frequently. "Hey, Brother, could you grab a salad bag for me?" Beats me. I don't get it any more than you do. But, I think I might start joining in with my own nicknames. For example, I might start calling others "Cupcake," "Puddinhead," "Slick," and "Clark."

And you've probably seen this before, but here is the least dignified cat in all history.

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com