Your Logo Here

This is the greatest and most powerful blog in the history of the universe. Solid.

Friday, April 09, 2004

I sold a book on Half.com, Health, Illness, and the Social Body, a book that I picked up for free while at Shippensburg. Flipping through it before packaging it up, I read in a section on disabling attitudes and the sense of self, "In 1992, a government agency in the Netherlands ruled that a municipality must pay a person with a disability a monthly stipend to cover the services of a sex surrogate." I can only imagine the claims that the government workers must have seen in the wake of that ruling, "Sir, I must inform you that a lazy-eye doesn't qualify you as being disabled.....oh, I'm sorry, I thought you were talking to me."

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com