Your Logo Here

This is the greatest and most powerful blog in the history of the universe. Solid.

Friday, March 05, 2004

A couple of good items in the mailbag today. The Wash Post has an article with the headline "Bush's Economic Indicator: 2 New Jobs." Shrub is indeed the master of low expectations. Also, Air Force One phone records have been subpoenaed by the federal grand jury investigating the outing of CIA operative Valerie Plame by White House officials. Even Bubba never had Air Force One phone records subpoenaed (thanks to Des for the links).
Dan Froomkin discusses in his White House Briefing the issue of Shrub making the same jokes over, and over, and over again (see Trifecta). One of his favorite jokes is to say, "The country has had no finer Vice President than Dick Cheney....Mother may have a different opinion." Guffaw. Froomkin reports: So it's no surprise that he'd eventually blow the line completely. Which he did yesterday, according to the transcript provided by the White House. "Speaking about the Vice President, I made a really good pick when I asked Dick Cheney to serve by my side. He is a fabulous Vice President for our country. (Pause for applause.) Mother may have a second opinion." Moron.

And for some reason, it seems to be a bizarre week for salad bars, whether it's old people brawling on the salad line or severed thumbs showing up in garden salads. I might have done a lot of unsanitary things while working at IHOP or at the now defunct Ground Round (serving ham that dropped on the floor, checking the temperature of eggs with my fingers, fishing around in a pickle bin without first washing my hands, sticking pancakes down my pants) but I can proudly say that I never served up a severed thumb with the Rooty Tooty Fresh 'N Fruity. I only brought the fruity.

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com