Your Logo Here

This is the greatest and most powerful blog in the history of the universe. Solid.

Wednesday, February 18, 2004

You'll be glad to know that "shock rocker" Marilyn Manson has settled a lawsuit accusing him of sexual assault. According to the suit, Manson (a.k.a. Paul from the "Wonder Years") approached a security guard and "wrapped his legs around the guard's neck and gyrated against him while wearing only a leather thong and panty hose." If I had a dollar....
Now if someone would only bring a lawsuit against Marilyn Manson for marketing incredibly predictable and boring music. Like those guys who sued Creed (see 2/7/04 post). And every single newsperson who prefaces Manson's name with "shock rocker" should be thrown into the gallows. Really, he's about as shocking as Christina Aguilera walking around dressed like a $20 hooker. And I think I'm being generous with that $20 figure.

It all reminds me of an article in The Onion about Marilyn Manson going door-to-door trying to shock people:
"[Manson] was standing at my front door wearing those fake breasts he wore on the cover of Mechanical Animals," retiree Judith Hahn said. "He said, 'My name is Marilyn Manson, and I'm here to tear your little world apart.' I thought he was collecting for the Kiwanis food drive, so I gave him some cans of pumpkin-pie filling."

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com