Your Logo Here

This is the greatest and most powerful blog in the history of the universe. Solid.

Friday, February 06, 2004

More snow and sleet and ice and rain up in herrrrre today. Nasty.

Our car isn't totaled. The preliminary damage estimate is $3700, but that is sure to go up when the people at the garage look at it. We're going to go take some pictures this weekend, so I'll have to find a way to link those up to herrrrre.

After the 2000 Florida recount debacle, the government vowed that the old systems would be modernized in order to prevent a situation like that one from ever happening again. Touch-screen computerized voting was the most favored solution for this. Unfortunately, there are all sorts of problems with these machines, the main one being that an election could easily be stolen and nobody would have any way of proving it since there isn't a paper-trail left (and there's good evidence that this may have already happened). You get a receipt at McDonalds or at the ATM, but you don't get one with your vote. Mark Fiore has a good animation that sums it all up pretty nicely.

And I can't believe that Rudy is off of "Survivor"! But his testimonial after being voted off was so sweet, "If I was them (who voted for me), I have a lot of friends in a lot of places, so I'd stay clear of me." He's just so adorable.

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com