Your Logo Here

This is the greatest and most powerful blog in the history of the universe. Solid.

Thursday, January 29, 2004

Last night, I watched part of "America's Next Top Model." Apparently, for America's next top model, they're going for the look that I like to call "scary." I'm not sure when it happened, but at some point someone made the decision that qualities such as "pretty," "healthy-looking," and, of course, "not scary," are no longer the characteristics deemed necessary to be a top model. I wish someone would have told me this before I spent three years in grad school.
When I tuned in, they had the nine contestants at a starting line, and then the women rushed to crowd in front of a mirror and apply make-up. Quite the scene--650 lbs of women racing down a corridor, and the only thing left in their wake was the faint smell of dignity. I've seen contestants on "Fear Factor" maintain more self-respect while shoving bowls of sheep eyes and maggots into their mouths while being knee-deep in chum.
So, yes, I will be watching again next week.

Prediction for tonight's "The Apprentice": The women win again but are scolded for being harlots and using sex (again) to win, but the men still go to tribal council, and Bowie Hogg is fired.

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com