Your Logo Here

This is the greatest and most powerful blog in the history of the universe. Solid.

Thursday, March 04, 2004

I've been living without cable since December, and for the most part it's no problem at all. I can't subject myself to the cable news networks, and I don't get that dirty feeling that comes from watching MTV for several hours. Really the only things that I do miss are The Daily Show and American Chopper. And if I had cable again, I would definitely start watching Chapelle's Show on a regular basis. The show's website has some clips that you can watch. "Charlie Murphy's True Hollywood Stories" is one of the funniest things I've seen in some time. The Season 1 clips feature a spoof of an R.Kelly video. (If you're at work, turn the volume down low or put on the headsets)
I really don't understand why there isn't a cable company that allows you to choose exactly which channels you want, and then pay on a per-channel basis. We had 300 channels, and I only watched about a dozen, but we still had to pay for the 300 if we wanted HBO. But we couldn't just get HBO, we had to get HBO2, HBO3, HBO Zone, HBO Family, HBO Espanol, HBO West, HBO East, HBO Djibouti, etc etc. Actually, I do understand why the evil cable companies do what they do, but it doesn't mean that I like it. My point is, The Sopranos and Six Feet Under start their new seasons on Sunday, and because of the evil cable companies, I'll be missing out and watching "Average Joe 3: Methadone Clinic" instead.

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com